Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Fast is over!

Well, America, The Fast is over.  The day was spent coordinating/emceeing an event I put together for work, but that evening I celebrated it by getting together with friends at a local bar (the Ruby Room, one of my favorites!) and being a normal, social human being.  I had such a blast!  It was low-key the way I like it and a good number of the people I know in the East Bay came out to say hi and get a drink.  I spent the next day (Saturday) sleeping and watching TV instead of writing stories and my blog like I should have, but I considered that day my birthday present to myself -- a day off.  I did arrange to see a young man I've mentioned before that evening, but I then got caught on the phone talking to an old friend I haven't seen in years and had to cancel.  I feel pretty bad about that.  I'm one of those people, where once I've made a commitment I always follow through, but this was an extenuating circumstance.  Doesn't stop me from feeling like a jerk, though.

Alright so, to the meat of it all, what happens now?  Now comes an enlightened and hopefully emotionally mature decade: my thirties.  I don't feel like thirty was as pivotal as many people will have you believe.  I think around 27 or so I started to feel more like an adult and really pay attention to my patterns and semi-antisocial behavior, and think about correcting it.  So this year, the "deluge" flipside to my "drought," I will be as social and open to relationships of all types (friendships, romantic relationships, even business relationships) as possible, and see if it makes a positive impact on my life.  I will blog as important or significant things happen to me, as I did with the Fast, and I hope fun things ensue.

Take care America, and thanks so much for sticking with me through this bumpy ride.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Courtney! I agree about turning 30 not really being all that pivotal. Of course, the fact that you feel that way might just mean you're happy where you are in life. I'm glad you're going to keep blogging, I really enjoy reading it. It feels like a return to all our fun conversations in college (except a little less about Days of Our Lives and a little more about real life).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Sarah, you're awesome! I've gotta get to the east coast and visit! Hopefully this next year is a blast.

    ReplyDelete