Friday, April 29, 2011

A quick end-of-April note

Well hello there America,

So April was an eventful month. I met a couple guys I'm totally fascinated with, and it's been a manic rush trying to carve out time to meet up with them. When in hell did my life get so full of stuff to do?  Only seconds ago, it feels, I was sitting, bored beyond belief, looking out at the rain like a five year old doomed to play inside.  The sun comes out and now everyone and his mom wants to grab a drink!  Not a bad thing.  I like going out sometimes.  However, at the ripe old age of 30, I don't rebound from a night of little sleep like I used to.

On another note, I'm really unsure about how people feel about me.  Like, in general: my friends, my colleagues, my dates...I'm an over-thinker, and over-thinking tends to lead one down a road of pessimism. And my gosh, do I try to talk myself out of going for people!  Constantly.  I figure 'what chance is there this is going to work out? Things don't usually work out for me.' Well, yeah, I'm sure that's what everyone says until they find that person it works with.  Like, "my keys were in the last place I looked."  Of course!  You don't keep looking when you find what you want.  In theory.  I can't say as I have ever conquered the wandering eye.

Early May (next week) is another round of dates and interludes. If anything awe-inspiring happens I will  be sure to let you know.

And Oaklandeers, there's a taco truck stand off happening next weekend at the Oakland Convention Center.  There will be a tequila garden.  It's a 50/50 I'll be there, but it looks rad: http://oaklandconventioncenter.com/battle/

Raise your glass to what's been an awesome April!

No comments:

Post a Comment