Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hubba hubba!

I went to a burlesque show last night called the Hubba Hubba Revue, San Francisco (at DNA Lounge).  Now, the San Francisco part is important, because this show's been going on forever in Oakland at the Uptown.  WTF, Oakland, how have you been hiding this awesome show from me since I got here??  I'm guessing it's because it's on Monday nights at the Uptown.  But what a way to start the week!

DNA Lounge is right down the street from Slims, a big live-show venue.  I've been to Slims many times to see punk shows -- it's one of those places with columns in the middle of the floor to hold the ceiling up.  I always expected someone to get smashed into one of those things in a circle pit.  Never happened.  Anyway, I never quite added DNA Lounge to my mental map.  There are three or four clubs on that same street, so they all kind of blended together for me.  DNA is pretty cool.  I've been there before, but don't remember for what...a new year's eve stop one night I think.  They've got bars on top and bottom floors, a coat check, some nibbles, and you can see the stage relatively well from pretty much anywhere.  If you ever, EVER get a hankering for seeing some lovely, busty ladies take their clothes off, I'd recommend Hubba Hubba (http://www.hubbahubbarevue.com/).

Okay, so that post-a-day thing didn't happen quite so much. I more posted my day-to-days on twitter (@ckstackhouse).  What can I say, America? I have a life!  Finding a computer to write a message? So over!  Logging in to Blogger to post via phone?  Why do it?  Blogs will soon become obsolete (yeah, I said it!) like Myspace or AltaVista or Facebook.  Face it, once your mom knew the word "blog" it was all doomed anyway.  Plus, as much as this blog would attempt to refute the point, I'm not great about committing things.  Maybe that's what this blog was all about in the first place.  I committed to something and come next week this time, I will have stuck it out.  Also come this time next week, I may be waking up on top of the three sailors I picked up at midnight.  We'll have to see, America.  We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment