Monday, May 10, 2010

Portland trip

I just returned from Portland! What a great place. The weather was gorgeous, and there were so, SO many adorable hipster guys running around. Oddly enough, it seemed like it would be all too easy to get a guy I loved to look at there. The chase is indeed a lot more fun.

And in a rapidly interesting-er development: my friend B wants in on this phenomenon I created. We're thinking a collaboration: The Drought and the Deluge. Me, I remain celibate for a year. She, she opens herself to all kinds of relationships, casual or committal for the year. See if one turns out more successfully on the relationship front.

I have also begun reading some lit on virginity and the mythos and cultural/religious connotations that follow it. Having grown up Catholic, the notion was held in high esteem, quite obviously. I am not sure, however, if that notion wasn't just something old-school, propogated by a male-dominated Catholic regime attempting to assert control over the single area on the planet they cannot and will not ever understand.

But who am I to pass judgment? This is why I am defecting to experts in sociology, religiosity, and psychology (in addition to friends) to provide me with insight and multiple viewpoints. This blog will ideally offer a lot of thoughts on the subject, but nothing close to "the answer." It will hopefully provide a fun story along the way as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment