Monday, May 31, 2010

Pride and Prejudice

I just watched this film for the 13th time (thereabouts), the 2 hour version with Keira Knightley, not the 8 hour version with Colin Firth, and I dream of a relationship that begins this way. Lizzie's relationship, anyway. Taciturn, analytical, aloof ... thus describes everything I look for in a man. I like a challenge!

Jane's relationship in this movie... cute, but uninteresting. If you're just nice and attentive and available, I'm probably interested for five minutes and over it.

Elizabeth though. That relationship took some work. I enjoy that immediately. Is that a flaw? That I enjoy the predictable roadblocks of Hollywood cinema? Perhaps all women suffer this affliction because of movies, TV and romance novels. Any input from the viewing public?

No comments:

Post a Comment