Monday, May 31, 2010

A reflection

From an e-mail with my good friend D, he asked quite innocently if I was some sort of heartbreaker he didn't know about and I said:
"...Yes, I am a heartbreaker, though by no real design on my part. I'm analytical, so the "falling" part of love doesn't happen for me. I have to rationalize it. That's probably why I like to write stories where the two are just so perfectly matched. It takes the guess-work out. In my own relationships, though, I'm like five dates in before I'm like...Nope. And by then, for a faller, the deal is done. Factor in reading one of my stories and I could have a good old fashioned stalker case. That might make a good story...man tries to convince me he's like the story, the only one I'm matched with through seven feats of love taken directly from a book...."
I believe this was in response to why I was so uncomfortable with the possibility of being famous, and people wanting to know my name. It freaks me out a little bit. It's super helpful to address, or at least recognize these things early. It'll help me get over them in therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment