Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love vs Lust

Okay, America.  You win.  I am going into what Hanne Blank (in her book Virgin: The Untouched History) would call the avoidant kind of virginity.  I'm fully not interested in having an opposite-sex relationship of any kind, involving sex or not.  No babies, no diseases, no drama.  Also, for my mental transformation to work, I am going to need some exclusive ME time.  This is intrinsically selfish, and I cannot pay attention to another person under these conditions.

You may ask: What, pray tell, forced this decision?

And the answer, though banal is: A man.

One of the nicest men on the planet, actually.  I looked at him, all brimming with hope, and I knew if this relationship continued, with my heart and head elsewhere, I would hurt him.  So I had to cut and run -- and I I officially put the kaibosh on further fraternization.  Hey, if I can't impose tough rules on MYSELF, how will I ever follow the directions of any relationship professional?


I'm actually not sure if I ever declared full stop on relationships before now.  I thought for a moment how awesome the drama would be if I kept stringing a few men along, but, then, life has enough drama without intentionally pouring it on.  What a day.  I'm a tired little recluse.

No comments:

Post a Comment